The Local Program Positions for the LWV Schenectady County.
1. strengthening the Probation Department and rehabilitation programs in the County.
2. facilitating the implementation of alternative courts (problem solving courts) in Schenectady County and promoting collaborations to support them.
3. monitoring the juvenile justice system including Family Court and promoting community based rehabilitation.
Support standards of high professional qualifications and political nonpartisanship in manager form of government.
Evaluate opportunities for inter-municipal cooperation and examine options for the consolidation of governmental services in Schenectady County.
Monitor developments of police programs in the County.
1. Advocate for the protection of water resources in the County.
2. Promote understanding of global climate change and support efforts to mitigate its effects.
3. Support energy conservation and development oaf renewable energy alternatives.
4. Support solid waste management programs that increase reuse and recycling in the County and city.
Educate our membership and others about long term care standards and develop recommendations for local options.
Encourage and support countywide comprehensive health care planning and access to health care.